Anyone who claims to know anything about Hollywood should be able to tell you that one of the most important person in Hollywood city is not an actor but it’s honorary mayor – Johnny Grant.
Johnny Grant’s work in Tinseltown has earned him the honorary status having enthusiastically contributed to the Hollywood community and industry for over half a century. He is not important just because he’s Hollywood’s most recognized spokesmans but also because he’s served in various committees such as the Walk of Fame Selection Committee and the Hollywood Historic Trust. he’s penchant for turning the ordinary and the waning into something new and dynamic has also helped form and revitalize important Hollywood events such as the “Welcome Home Desert Storm” parade, where he is the creator and producer, the Hollywood Christmas Parade, formerly known as the dying Santa CLaus Lane Parade, and of course the Hollywood Centennial Celebration.
Prior to being the organizing legend and big wig that he has become he was a game show host, commentator, daytime host, news correspondent, and producer. He also has a very long list of honors and awards bestowed upon him including the following:
- Special Walk of Fame star complete with the Hollywood seal – 2000. This was placed at the entrance to the Kodak Theatre
- A hand-and-footprint ceremony in the forecourt of Mann’s Chinese Theatre – 1997
Hollywood Walk of Fame star – 1980
- Los Angeles Area Governor’s Award – Academy of Television Arts & Sciences 1988
- The Order of California – State of California 1982
- Legion of Merit – 2000
- Legends of News Award – Los Angeles Press Club 1987
- Wrangler Award – Cowboy Hall of Fame 1982
- Bob Hope Combat Entertainer Award – International Korean War Veterans Association
- Combat Entertainer’s Badge (CEB) – 25th Infantry Division in Vietnam
Originally posted on June 8, 2008 @ 11:43 pm